Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
September 19, 2019, 07:44:30 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tires (for Dodge Durango)  (Read 233 times)
Nacho
Member 2019 VA4WD/BRC
« on: August 18, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »

Strange question but here goes.  My wife drives a 2017 Durango and is time for her to get new tires.  She said she wants something a little more rugged than what cam on it so I thought....hmmm....Jeep people buy brand new Jeeps and sell their stock tires and wheels for next to nothing.  I checked and she does have a 5X5 bolt pattern and the internet says she can fit up to a 32-33" tire.  What else do I need to consider.  By chance does anyone else have a Durango in the family and done this?
Thanks

jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2019, 08:23:50 PM »

We have a 2018 Durango ourselves, and I think when the time gets here (which will be soon since its already over 50k) were going to do the Yokohama Geolander AT. Weve run that tire on both her CR-V and Outback with good luck. It looks a little more aggressive, but still quiet and rides nice, along with getting 70k miles out of every set.

Jeff

2013 Unlimited Sahara, Gecko Green
AEV 2.5" lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, Argent Pintler wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs.
dave2002ti
Member 2019
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 07:22:56 PM »

I run Michelin LTX M/2 2's on my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2656018 decent off road going down sketchy farm roads and gets me across field 20+ acres of field with 2 dogs. Performs well on wet grass on the sides of hills.
Tires also stand up to I66, 495, and 95 N to Fort George Meade  and are safe and stable at 70mph+ in a good rain.

Had no issues on Thurs when parts of I66W from Rt 123 to FFx parkway were flooded.

An AT tire wont give me the wet weather and interstate performance at speeds ranging from 70 to 85mph.

I have winter tires for the snow and slush. Michelin has always been my go to tire for street performance.

Dave Apker

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: