Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 13, 2019, 07:48:12 AM

Linked Events
  • Potts Mountain Trail Ride: April 18, 2020 - April 19, 2020
Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly trail ride April  (Read 649 times)
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« on: October 18, 2019, 07:10:23 AM »

Place holder for the April monthly trail ride. details to follow.

Dates 18/19 April

3 rigs Minimum for trail ride.

Lead R3
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
Cool
9)
Tail
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:22:55 AM by R3 »

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
JP-XPLR
Forum User
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 10:10:41 AM »

@R3 - I’ve been reading some reviews about this trail, is the are sections like “The Valley” passable by a stock Rubicon?  If so, please add me to the list.

US Army Veteran - Never Forget

2019 JLUR - Stock
2014 JGC Diesel - Stock  100K and going strong.
2016 Indian Roadmaster
jdavis2nd
Club Member at Large
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »

Did you confirm the dates that this trail is open with the FS? Wasn't open until the following weekend this past April

DAMTALL
Thread Jackin' 24/7
Committee: Events
JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 12:01:59 PM »

If you don't mind me asking, if you were to classify this in color, what are the trails?  Love trails, but DD and not trying real hard to break anything.  Thanks!

Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.
jdavis2nd
Club Member at Large
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 01:00:28 PM »

Correction to my earlier post. It was the Pines campground that was not open until the end of April. I would be hesitant in setting a date for this run before the FS has confirmed the trail is open for the season.

@R3 - I’ve been reading some reviews about this trail, is the are sections like “The Valley” passable by a stock Rubicon?  If so, please add me to the list.

If you don't mind me asking, if you were to classify this in color, what are the trails?  Love trails, but DD and not trying real hard to break anything.  Thanks!

A stock Rubicon can do this trail though its a good idea to have a winch.

The trail "color" is debatable, some say blue, some say black. There are two obstacles "The Burnt Bridge" and "The Stacks/Waterfall" which cannot be bypassed and are intimidating the first time you see them. Worst case is that you have to winch or get tugged over them. Plenty of DD 4 doors open/open on 35s have done the trail.

I highly encourage everyone to sign-up if you have never run this trail, If you can't make the weekend of this post I will be posting another ride there probably a week or so after this one as it has been an annual members only run for the past few years.

JP-XPLR
Forum User
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »

A stock Rubicon can do this trail though its a good idea to have a winch.

The trail "color" is debatable, some say blue, some say black. There are two obstacles "The Burnt Bridge" and "The Stacks/Waterfall" which cannot be bypassed and are intimidating the first time you see them. Worst case is that you have to winch or get tugged over them. Plenty of DD 4 doors open/open on 35s have done the trail.

I highly encourage everyone to sign-up if you have never run this trail, If you can't make the weekend of this post I will be posting another ride there probably a week or so after this one as it has been an annual members only run for the past few years.

Thanks jdavis2nd.   R3, please sign me up as the bumper and winch will definitely installed by ten.

2019 JLUR - Stock
2016 Indian Roadmaster
Nacho
Member 2019 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 09:16:00 PM »

That's a long way out and can't quite commit yet, but I think I am interested.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 06:44:58 PM »

Did you confirm the dates that this trail is open with the FS? Wasn't open until the following weekend this past April
John,
Just a place holder right now.  Due  diligence will be done in advance of the run. 
This was purposely a place holder to see if there is any interest. There has been lots of conversation about a calendar of events...this is testing those conversations to see if people are indeed interested in events several months out.

As to the condition of the trail at this time it is unk.

As to what can do what... Ask Hunt, his OEM winch equiped TJR handled every Rausch Red we ran... Some underside scratches did happen.  I did see his rig at a local shop getting a lift... I think when asked he said I want to run Red trail as a goal... Can't confirm.

Will update with USFS information after the new year. Will adjust dates if required.

Cheers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »

My rig is a daily driver and my only all weather vehicle.  Drive smart, good guidance and when stuck... Go to recovery gear... So see a winch as a copout. I do not. Spent the weekend running the trails in WV. Logged over 150 miles in two days... Two recoveries no harm no foul.

I look at these challenges as teachable moments. If you're interested in expanding you skills... Jump in.. if a graded gravel run is more your cup o tea...no worries.

Cheers

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

JP-XPLR
Forum User
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 07:11:41 PM »

@R3 - I’m game, please add me to the list. 

2019 JLUR - Stock
2016 Indian Roadmaster
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 08:09:51 PM »

Will do

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
37 BFG KM3

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: