Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 08, 2019, 08:45:26 AM

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: November Run to PA  (Read 3643 times)
streak
Member 2019
« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2019, 06:44:09 AM »

I knew going in things might get rough!

I don't have the budget to beget as much as I would like  Laughing

Most do not have the extra income to budget and build to a fullest extent. So this  is why I ask you what did your rig do well and what can be improved. Also  what is the goal of the build. the simple truth of the matter you might have the perfect rig right now. It is very capable, street and commute friendly and you just  met the challenges of some very difficult trails and worked through some fantastic challenges. No shame  in fact huge props to you sir. You are my hero for taking on the seemingly impossible by jumping into the  deep end with relative strangers....  We installed a small Metal Cloak lift on Adm Dulls  TJ. 2.5 inch lift with track bars and a new tie rod... 31/32 inch tires and stock gearing. From  the conversation we had at dinner the other night  that might be the perfect approach to more trail capability and still maintain a workable daily driver. PM mopar31898 for more detail on his kit. I know of a garage that we can have a wrenching party in and a few good wrenches to go with it.

Cheers

I like it.  2-3" is about perfect in my mind for a daily driver and budget conscious.  I am only 5'6" after all!

Hunt
2004 Rubicon - New to me toy
streak
Member 2019
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2019, 06:48:30 AM »

Looks like a great time.

Congrats on tackling that tough trail.

I saw Rob mentioned my lift. It is the ultimate kit from DPG off road and I bought metalcloak control arms separately to add on. The suspension lift is old man emu and says it is 2in but I got about 2.5in. It also comes with a BL I will be adding later. You can call Dirk at DPG. He is super knowledgeable and willing to talk and answer any questions you may have. I only have about 500 miles on it but I'm happy so far.

Maybe I will get to see you on the trails soon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Very good info thank you.  Looks like that kit is on sale!

Hunt
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2019, 07:13:24 AM »

I think this is the best part of this trail ride, the conversations after the ride.

This ride and this group will go down as one of my favorite run of all time.

Hunt, let me know how or if I can help  if you are planning to  mod your rig. I know another member of the forum that has access to a 2 post lift in a covered garage in Alexandria. i can't speak for them  but I can find out  when the lift  could be available.

Cheers

Rob

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
BLACKHAWKJEEP
Member 2019
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2019, 11:18:26 AM »

See if we can get a google photos running... I have some pictures I need to upload of all of you...  Smile

Women Wheelers | IG: @offroadelites
R3
Member 2019 VA4WD
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2019, 11:57:46 AM »

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMX4vmdH_HYHKGvsKpZBdtZZIkquHWsUZeZddEQyGlziyxUlRzwKrDkm9T-4LCsjQ?key=eHlGQVNqdlp6cDVDZWRUSldzenp2VUhON0FpWm5n

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
streak
Member 2019
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2019, 08:37:22 PM »

I think this is the best part of this trail ride, the conversations after the ride.

This ride and this group will go down as one of my favorite run of all time.

Hunt, let me know how or if I can help  if you are planning to  mod your rig. I know another member of the forum that has access to a 2 post lift in a covered garage in Alexandria. i can't speak for them  but I can find out  when the lift  could be available.

Cheers

Rob

Will do Rob!

Hunt
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: