Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
November 14, 2019, 11:39:51 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARB Dual Compressor Under Seat  (Read 136 times)
drekalots
Member 2019
« on: November 08, 2019, 06:19:24 PM »

Who here has done this? How did you route your electrical connections and the airlines?

My compressor is currently in the engine bay but it's a bit cramped. I'm considering relocating it this weekend and curious how people have this wired up if it is in the cab.

--
2015 JKU-S
R3
Committee: Trail Rides
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:43:19 PM »

Have mine under the passenger seat.

Wiring is run thru the console to the battery and a activation line to the SPOD in the engine bay.

Air lines are run thru the firewall to a air management manifold (up/down Air) and then to each corner.

Air filters stay cleaner under the seat. Running compressor is a tad annoying...but if the air lines are tight it only kicks on once or twice in an 8-12 hour run.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers
RRR
17 JKURR
EVO long arms and King Coil overs
37 BFG KM3
Dynatrac, PSC, Barnes, Ried, RCV....

"Keep calm and carry on, No Thanks! I would rather raise hell and change the world."
46and2
Forum User
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 10:17:43 PM »

I installed under the front passenger seat of my JL, but it was hitting the under seat components when adjusting the seat back & forth.

I went to home depot and got some 40 mm bolts and added 3-4 washers to lift the seat up just enough to clear everything ... now it can get hot and not mess with anything as long as nobody is sitting inside when airing up.

I ran the power and air lines out a drain plug right under the seat, along the frame and up into the engine bay for a simple install to battery and 4 way air manifold.

Happy to give you more info or pics if you're going this route..

jwilson2598
Webmaster
BOD
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 11:16:30 PM »

I installed under the front passenger seat of my JL, but it was hitting the under seat components when adjusting the seat back & forth.

I went to home depot and got some 40 mm bolts and added 3-4 washers to lift the seat up just enough to clear everything ... now it can get hot and not mess with anything as long as nobody is sitting inside when airing up.

I ran the power and air lines out a drain plug right under the seat, along the frame and up into the engine bay for a simple install to battery and 4 way air manifold.

Happy to give you more info or pics if you're going this route..

Can you share your info and pics? Id be interested in seeing this.

Jeff

2013 Unlimited Sahara, Gecko Green
AEV 2.5" lift, front/rear bumpers, hood, Argent Pintler wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs.
Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: