Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
May 26, 2019, 02:37:30 AM

Pages: [1] Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VA 4x4 Bumper Install  (Read 2278 times)
unl1mtd
BOD
King George, VA
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:13:34 PM »

Original Author - Scalls.  I brought this over from the old site as it was the last post made about a year ago and only had 14 views!

First off, I would like to thank Virginia 4X4 for the bumper. I would also to to thank Matt, Rob and Nate. They are a good group of guys. They did all the work from the fabrication to the install of the bumper.

Now on to the write-up.

We started off with this:

And this:

First thing we did was remove the lower skid plate underneath the bumper. All it is plastic and held in with 6 plastic screws and 2 screws.

We then removed the front bumper. It is held in place with 8 nuts. Which are 18mm nuts.

Once you have the bumper loose. Pull forward and remove the wiring harness to your fog lights. Disconnect the plugs and disconnect the harness from the bumper.

We then moved on to remove the swaybar cover. It is held in place with 2 plastic screws.

Once the the bumper, swaybar cover and lower skid plate are removed. You should wind up with this.
[/img]

Your tow hooks and fog lights will come out with the bumper. Since we are re-using the fog lights it was time to remove them from the factory bumper and onto the new bumper. The lights are held in place with 4 screws. All screws were replaced with stainless steel screws.

Once the lights were installed it was time to move onto the roller fairlead and winch. Since i left my winch bolts at home, i will do that at the end of the write up. The winch mounts to the winch plate which then mounts to the winch frame. It has 4 grade 8 bolts that mount the winch plate to the bumper. Very nice set up.

Now it was time to mount the bumper on the frame of the jeep. All new grade 8 bolts were used. An additional feature they added was 2 more mounting points that attach to your frame for more support. If you look at the last pic in this set. You will see 2 pieces that stick out on the inside of the bumper. These screw into your subframe. Very nice feature. So a total of 10 bolts holding it in place.

Once the bumper was in place. We re-attached the wiring harness for the fog lights and placed the winch on top of the winch mounting plate for pics.

Once i got home, i took the winch mounting plate out. I loosened all the bolts holding the bumper to the frame. I then installed my winch on the the plate and then attached it to the bumper. I then tightened everything back up. I put my license plate back on. Now i am ready to pull someone out...

Once again i would like to thank NOVAJEEPERS for having the drawing and also to Virginia 4X4 for the awesome bumper.

The Captain says THANKS!

Here are a few additional pictures.

Pages: [1] Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: