Hello !
Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
December 14, 2019, 01:40:25 PM

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shooting  (Read 7884 times)
Finaltheorem47
Forum User
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2011, 04:21:01 PM »

Err okay, I had to google it since I didn't know were different types.  The only experience I have is with my Walmart one that you hammer into the ground and it breaks 3/4 of the clays trying to launch them  Laughing

OldBlueJeep
Forum User
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »

Anyone into skeet shooting?  I love it but I'm terrible at it, but that doesn't stop me from doing it!

Skeet, trap or sporting clays.  I like doing all three.  I contemplated trying to get a group together to shoot at Bull Run or a sporting clay range I shoot at a fair amount.  I have several shotguns also if someone needs to borrow one.  Just buy your own shells!

I belong out at Fairfax Rod and Gun and try to shoot skeet at least once a week. Anybody that wants to come out is more than welcome, just drop me a PM.

1986 CJ-7
4lo2go
Forum User
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »

There's a free range like 10 minutes from Radford!  Thumbs Up

ZJ lifted and locked
2008 MazdaSpeed3 - tuned
RIPIP David Thrasher (Ramphog)
REL1203
Forum User
Manassas, VA
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »

I belong out at Fairfax Rod and Gun and try to shoot skeet at least once a week. Anybody that wants to come out is more than welcome, just drop me a PM.

Man that place is nice, pricey but nice. My father actually had one of the orig memberships WAY back in the day... I would love to shoot there some time with you. I know your club and my Izaak Walton leage chapter (Fairfax/Arlington) to alot of stuff together.

OldBlueJeep
Forum User
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 08:06:45 AM »

Man that place is nice, pricey but nice. My father actually had one of the orig memberships WAY back in the day... I would love to shoot there some time with you. I know your club and my Izaak Walton leage chapter (Fairfax/Arlington) to alot of stuff together.

PM sent.

1986 CJ-7
cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Committee: Trail Rides
Winchester, VA
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 01:10:40 PM »

Okay, so are we going to set something up for sporting clays, trap, skeet, pistols, rifles, all of the above or what?  I would be down for any of it.  I will extend my offer again, if someone would like to shoot clay birds but doesn't have a gun, I have some you can borrow also.  So what is it?

'03 Rubicon- 4.5" RE LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton steering, Teraflex Swaybar system, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff...
stoney04tj
"Rando" The Internet Guy
Forum User
makin panties sandy since 1984
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 02:37:33 PM »

Okay, so are we going to set something up for sporting clays, trap, skeet, pistols, rifles, all of the above or what?  I would be down for any of it.  I will extend my offer again, if someone would like to shoot clay birds but doesn't have a gun, I have some you can borrow also.  So what is it?

let me talk to a buddy this weekend, i should be able to set something up, might even be able to swing a discount too!

this place is like woodberry, looks good from the outside but when you look behind the curtain there are heads in jars...... Smile

RIP TSgt. David Thrasher (A.K.A. Ramphog)

RIP kma, miss ya little buddy
OldBlueJeep
Forum User
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 03:35:41 PM »

Looks like a nice warm dry weekend upcoming. I can have 3 guests at a time at FR&G, so if anybody wants to shoot I will be out there, just PM me. I am up for skeet, rifles (200 yd range), and/or pistols. I look for any excuse to bust out the toys.

1986 CJ-7
Search
Member 2019
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 07:06:27 PM »

wish I had the money for Fairfax Rod and Gun. I did one of the 200yd matches with service rifles in Oct. Definitely want to do more of those this year.

Chris, what size group could you accomodate at your place? I was thinking pistols since thats what everyone was talking about initially, but I'm down with anything.

Jeepless at the moment - Adulting is no fun
TeamBob
Forum User
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 01:52:52 AM »

I like skeet, clays, whatever aswell. Will try to keep up with this and am game for whenever i can. Would possibly be down for something at my place if there isnt anything else local...

Spatialthreat
Forum User
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »

I just got my 2nd sponsor for Fairfax R&G..  Maybe I will see you there!  Plan on picking up an over-under at the gun show if something jumps out at me.

cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Winchester, VA
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 10:39:11 AM »

Chris, what size group could you accomodate at your place? I was thinking pistols since thats what everyone was talking about initially, but I'm down with anything.

Well, we have about 300 acres so how many people would fit in there?   Laughing  I would say it could accomodate a group the size that has been talking about it on here.

'03 Rubicon- 4.5" RE LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton steering, Teraflex Swaybar system, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff...
natedogg
Forum User
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 11:35:39 AM »

I have a free place. chris has a free place. so would anyone pay money to shoot. Dunno? Duh

Search
Member 2019
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »

awesome! Yea I figured space-wise there wouldn't be an issue. I was thinking more from a safety standpoint of how many you'd be comfortable with having out at one time. I was thinking of setting it up like a trail ride with a max group size, especially since we'll have a few newer shooters. What dates would work for you guys?

Jeepless at the moment - Adulting is no fun
cwkann
WC, VRC, EC
Winchester, VA
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 01:17:35 PM »

I would say look for a Saturday in March, other than the weekend of the 26th.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: